Education Committee Vision Statement:
The DC Chapter of 7×24 Exchange Education Committee exists to seek and find opportunities for Students by way of managing our Scholarship Program. The program consists of three different scholarship for continuing education, as well as a program that provides industry training for building operating engineers for Data Centers. We strive to award these scholarships in hopes to retain Students in the Data Technology Field.
2023 Scholarship Awards
The 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter Education Committee is pleased to have selected twenty outstanding recipients for the 2023-2024 Shariar Zaimi Memorial Scholarship Awards and one recipient for the Jonathan Litvany Memorial Scholarship Award. These scholarships were established to recognize exceptional full-time students enrolled in an engineering program who are pursuing an education in an engineering or computer science field that supports the data center industry. Thanks to the support of our sponsors throughout the year we were able to grant $70,000 in awards this year! Since the program’s inception in 2012, the 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter has awarded 108 scholarships with a total value of $355,500.
Congratulations to this year’s scholarship recipients! They include:
- Spencer Acqua, University of Illinois, $10,000
- Joshua Gutenson, Penn State College of Technology, $7,500
- Victor Cavero, George Mason University, $5,500
- Gracie Hill, University of Cincinnati, $5,500
- Justin Oehlmann, University of Connecticut, $5,000
- Emma Deering, St. Lawrence University, $4,000
- Maddy Freese, SUNY Polytech, $4,000
- Leanne Rogers, James Madison University, $3,000
- Aryan Bhowmick, Penn State, $3,000
- Daniel Bruno, George Mason University, $3,000
- Ethan Stansbury, Liberty University, $2,000
- Kendaro Duong, Virginia Tech, $2,000
- Mitchell Palber, University of Virginia, $2,000
- Alexander Reif, Delaware, $2,000
- Ashley Nickerson, Virginia Tech, $2,000
- Bethany Massenburg-Jackson, Ohio State University, $2,000
- Tyler Kleinasser, SD School of Mines & Technology, $1,500
- Jake Dinh, James Madison University, $1,500
- Joseph Ballard, Virginia Tech, $1,500
- Daliah Minkara, Purdue University, $1,500
- Dagmawi Tefera, NVCC, $1,500
We continue to encourage these recipients to apply for next year’s scholarship program and wish them all luck during their academic year!
Click on the link to see our 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter – Scholarship Administration Policy.