2023 Cloud Run 4.99999K
About the Race
In honor of International Data Center Day, the 7×24 DC Chapter hosted a huge welcome event for our local community and the data center industry. Not only did you and your children enjoy a 4.99999k run/walk and 1 mile fun run around “Data Center Alley”, you explored Data Center Coalitions’ Data Center Discovery Zone! It was a fun, interactive opportunity to learn about Data Centers, including five nines of reliability, and the numerous career paths available in the data center industry. Participants of all ages and academic levels had the chance to meet Data Center experts to talk about skills/traits, scholarships, internships, trade programs, and other pathways to enter this lucrative industry while engaging in fun hands-on activities. After the race, there was a post-race party with free food trucks, a vendor expo, and a band. Please plan on enjoying yourself at the event in 2024!
Proceeds of this race benefited Dulles South Soup Kitchen and the 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter Scholarship Fund. Dulles South Soup Kitchen provides freshly made meals to those who need to feed their families, provide opportunities to volunteer for those who need to serve and provide an environment of food security in the community. Dulles South Soup Kitchen is an initiative for the people and by the people of our community. The 7×24 Scholarship Fund assists students in pursuing their education goals while on track to a rewarding career in the data center industry.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2023 Cloud Run! It was a huge success and we couldn’t make the impact we need without the support of our sponsors, volunteers, partners and participants!
Did you know?
- For every job inside a Virginia data center, there are 4.1 additional jobs that are supported in the rest of the Virginia economy
- Every $1.00 generated by data centers and spent in Loudoun County provided $13.20 in tax revenue
- The data center industry is responsible for $73M worth of education funding for Loudoun County.
- Data Centers are directly and indirectly responsible for generating $174M in state revenue and $1 Billion in local tax revenue in Virginia.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual private sector wage in the data center industry saw a 120% increase in the last 20 years (from $61,1117 to $134,308).
- 7×24 DC Chapter donated approximately $70K to local charities (Mobile Hope, Women Giving Back, Gary Sinise Foundation, Loudoun Education Foundation, JK Community Farms, and Boulder Crest – to name a few) and $50K in scholarships to 16 students
The Cloud Run is more than just a race, it is a way for the Data Center Industry to come together with residents, businesses, and schools to promote the variety of commerce in Loudoun County. We hope to see you there!